The final exams are coming soon and I should study, so I guess that’s why I’m here again trying hard to find something else to do… other than studying.
Tonight pinotree told me he found some memory leaks in konqueror and that I should try running valgrind against it. I haven never really used valgrind, but he has been very helpful with that. We found some minor not really important leaks.. and then this really nasty leak that should have never happened and I’m really glad we found and fixed in rev815027.
Each tab in konqueror contains one or more konqviews. Normally it’s just one. For each view, we hold in a HistoryEntries the information about the pages you visited so you can go back&forward in the history. Each HistoryEntry contains quite a lot of useful information like: the url, the locationbarURL, the postData, the page cache, etc. And the bug was.. the KonqView destructor was not deleting its HistoryEntries, so that when you closed a tab, they were not really removed from memory. Quite nasty if you ask me! And really easy to fix thanksfully, once the problem has been found.
I’ve also been fixing some konqueror sessions bugs just after the beta 1, and I plan to fix some more for the next beta so be tunned! Oh and by the way, for those coming to akademy, Akademy 2008 registration is already opened and of course I’ve already registered myself. I will go to all the events, and I will pay for a bike so we can go to nearby places riding a bike. I love cycling =). And I’m in the group “KDE España” so that all spaniards can be grouped together.
Some guy called “Sami Liedes” gathered together a quite large (50!) list of bugs he had with KDE 4 beta 1 in kde-devel, and looking at konqueror bugs only, I had found at least 3 of them already, and one of those three was directly related to my code and had already been fixed. I will investigate the remaining ones =).
Enough blogging for today, I guess it’s time to go to bed now